Friday, November 23, 2012

Just some 'mom' thoughts on a day of THANKS...

Day 60

Thanksgiving Day

Two years ago I didn't know that a few weeks later I would find myself in the hospital in a total relapse of MG.  It's hard to believe that it has only been two years.  So much has happened.  So much has changed.

Tonight, I count my blessings, because I am truly and richly blessed.

I am blessed with a God who loves me unconditionally, despite my many failings.

I am blessed with a faith that gives me strength to move forward every day knowing that my God is in control and that there is nothing that I cannot handle through Him.  With HIM, all things are possible.

I am blessed with a loving, supportive husband.  Without him, my life would be incomplete.

I am blessed with 5 beautiful, healthy children.  Each with their own personalities.  They give my life purpose.

I am blessed with extended family, not only my own, but those that I gained when I married Danny.  They have shown me love and acceptance.

I am blessed with friends.  Some I have known 40+ years, I value the memories that we have built, some I have known for far less a span of time, but their's is a friendship that I value more than time can bring, and then there are those friends whom I have never actually met, they have blessed me with a gift unknown before the advent of social media.  I feel blessed to call so many 'friend'.

I am thankful for the gift of life.  I am thankful for the gift of memory.  Less than two years ago I was unsure what life held for me and I was unsure how much of it I was going to be able to hold on to.

Life is a blessing.  Live it well.

No comments:

Post a Comment