Monday, December 3, 2012

A New Plan Unfolds...

Day 71

I can't believe that we have been back in Orlando for almost two weeks now.  I have really settled into this life and I am anxious to get back on the road.  I sat and made reservations for our next jaunt last night.  We will head out Wednesday morning.  (I spoke with Fr. Roland last night and we will be stopping by the church first to have the trailer blessed.)  We will head back up to Suwanee and spend two nights there.  While we were at the Spirit of the Suwannee, sitting at the Ice Cream Parlor, the owner told us about Suwannee Lights.  He really talked it up and Danny was convinced that we had to come back (not to mention that it is just a crazy, beautiful place to visit).  They advertise over 5 million lights and displays.  The owner said that all of the shops are open late and everything is really done up nice.  Also, Santa and his elves will be there!!!

After Suwannee, we will head to Pine Mountain, GA.  We will stay in FD Roosevelt State Park.  Our main goal while in Georgia is to see Fantasy of Lights at Callaway Gardens.  I couldn't be more excited to have the freedom to do 'whatever we want' this time of year.  I have NO idea what else we will do while in Pine Mountain.  It appears to be pretty close to Alabama's state capital, so we might very well head over there and mark another capital off of our list.  If anyone has any suggestions, don't hesitate to share.  :)

We have made reservations through VRBO and will stay in a cabin for Christmas.  While I am truly in love with my life and am shocked at how easy the transition to life in the trailer has been, I just could not imagine spending CHRISTmas in a campground somewhere.  Maybe next year.  :)  I am sure that it happens.  There is one camper with a tree set up outside of their RV in the park now.  I am assuming that they will be here through the holidays.  I just wasn't prepared to do it this year.

Look for more updates and pictures as we get back on the road.  May we all feel the hand of God as we enter into this Advent season and prepare for the coming of our Lord.






1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to pictures of the Kapuschinsky adventures! I think I'll start a blog that lists places that you blog about that I now want to see...in person. LOL.
    May God bless every mile of your journey's and keep you all safe.
    Hugs and kisses to everyone!

    ReplyDelete