Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Day 94 - Christmas Day

It is Christmas Day.  I didn't want this day to pass without making a post.  It has been a beautiful day. We began our celebration last night at St. Francis of Assisi in Jefferson, NC and then today was spent with gifts and family.  Mostly just a quiet day.  The kids are already in bed.  I can hear the boys laughing and giggling.  Something they do almost every night.  I have always loved watching them...listening to them.  They get along brilliantly 97% of the time.  Of course when they don't, it can be ugly.  The girls are a totally different story.  The oldest, born an adolescent, always mature beyond her years and longing to be independent.  The younger, always a little girl, not wanting to grow up, but longing for her sister's love and acceptance.  Rarely do I get a glimpse of shared love...usually what I do see is simple tolerance.  But we are family and this trip has forced us to be closer.  I long for the day when tolerance becomes acceptance and one day, sisterly love.  Until that day, I will pray for understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment