Sunday, February 26, 2012

Good Times Remembered


It's been a good week.  My oldest has come home for a little while to help me out around the house.  Everyone has enjoyed having him here.  The first Friday that he was here, I had the opportunity to take 'just my boys' out to dinner.  It was pleasant...and a sign of the times.  There I was, a mother with her three boys enjoying a lovely evening.


And there they were, all playing some sort of game on some sort of electronic device.  I'll give them a little credit, they were at least all waiting on their food.  The general rule is:  no electronic devices at the dinner table.  But this time it seemed so harmless and to be honest, I was enjoying watching them.  In some odd sort of way, they seemed to be bonding.  The younger boys love it when their older brother comes home.  They immediately drag out their games and ask him to "get them to the next level".  When their meals arrived, they put their games aside and we spent some time together....a rare opportunity...a mom and her boys.

This is how they spent the rest of their evening...



...yes, that's them, playing their games again.

1 comment: