Saturday, March 10, 2012

Flying in Formation

I wanted to share with you how my personal blog name came to be.  I had given it much thought and a friend had suggested that if  I just waited, it would come to me.  Well, I'm not one to wait.  My faith has always been strong in the "Know I am God" part of Psalm 46:10, but it's the 'Be still" that I struggle with.  So one night while I was lying in bed having a conversation with God and talking about my blog, several thoughts came creeping in.  First, I thought of "The Cliff", the one from the photo above,
but that wasn't sitting right with me and my mind kept soaring.  Thoughts, pictures, words...my mind just wouldn't be still.  Then I thought of geese flying in formation.  In case you don't know  WHY geese fly in a V formation, you can read it here.  I thought of my family and this huge adventure that we are about to undertake.  I thought of each one of us having to pull for the other, someone always having to take the lead.  I really liked the visual.  I liked it a lot.  Then another thought entered my mind...If God is the head of our life, then He would take the lead; relieving us of the burden.  It made me smile.  I knew that I had the name for my blog.  After that, the others just seemed to fall into place.


Here's a little funny...a friend complimented me on how I managed to work some reference to transportation into each of the individual blog names:  WHEEL Life, FLYING in Formation, and ROAD Scholars.  I'd love to leave you believing that I am that clever.  But I'm not.  It was purely coincidence.  :)


Lastly, if you have never seen the movie Fly Away Home,  I highly recommend it.  You won't be disappointed.

3 comments:

  1. Loved the explanation about the name. I believe coincidence is really God's intervening...and that, yes, you ARE that clever :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found you over at Catholic Mothers Online... and as I read (yes the whole thing, thank goodness I found you before you got really going and had tons and tons of posts!!) I am struck with a similarity. I am assuming that you are starting an adventure with your family of RVing. While you don't state it expressly, Wheel Life and Road Scholars makes the implications... especially for me, an ol' has been!! We spent just about a year on the road living in our RV traveling as my husband worked. We finished our journey in January and unpacked our 5th Wheel Travel Trailer and are ready to sell it... I am sure that will be as "fun" as looking for one big enough for our family!! :) Good luck on your adventure and stop by my blog and "Jump in the leaves" sometime!

    ELM @ A Family Treehouse
    http://afamilytreehouse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elm, welcome. Glad you stopped by. Yes, we are planning to begin our adventure in September. I hope you will follow along. I look forward to reading about your travels. (Heading over to afamilytreehouse now.)

      Delete