Sunday, September 2, 2012

Conversion

I wish that I could put into words the way today's mass moved my very being.  I would love for you to feel the way the music calmed my soul as we prepared for the procession, how at that moment I knew that we were preparing for something holy.  If you had been there, you would have seen the tear slip down my cheek as I listened to the responsorial psalm being lifted up on voices that sang praises and glory to God.  Father Bill's homily was especially moving as he spoke of conversion.  As I listened, as I sang praises and knelt in prayer and admiration, the Holy Spirit spoke to me...  I am preparing for a conversion.  A conversion of life.  A conversion of family.  A conversion of hopes and dreams.  A conversion of self.  I hope along the way, I bring some of you with me.  This life has gotten heavy and burdensome.  I hope that you will see that it is not our's to bear.

1 comment:

  1. The Lord knows at what moment you need to have your heart and soul touched by him. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete